Starting off with the basics, these lessons are the first principles of ukulele playing, but don't worry you'll be playing your first song by the end of Lesson One.
- Different ukulele sizes and tuning
- Tips for holding the ukulele
- Playing your first song
We're going to be looking at chord diagrams and strumming in this lesson.
- Chord diagrams, strumming up & down
This lesson is split into two parts, first we learn to play a song, following it up with a play-a-long of the song 'Anyone Else But You' by 'The Moldy Peaches'.
- Learn to play: Anyone Else But You
- Play-a-long: Anyone Else But You
In this lesson we're going to learn to play 'Hush Little Baby' using the chords C and G7.
- Learn to play: Hush Little Baby
This lesson we practise strumming while moving between the chords C, A minor, F and G7 then we use those new chords in a song.
- Using C, A minor, F and G7
- 'Mr Lonely', 'Blue Moon' and 'Heart and Soul'
We're going to be 'Singing In The Rain' so don't forgot a raincoat for you and your ukulele.
- Down, down strumming pattern
We're going to be learning a new chord pattern but "don't worry be happy" we have a fair bit of tea and coffee to help you in this lesson.
- Learn to play: Don't Worry Be Happy
- Play-a-long: Don't Worry Be Happy
Why don't you stand by me virtually as we learn a new song then we play it together.
- Learn to play: Stand By Me
- Play-a-long: Stand By Me
You're becoming quite the little ukulele player aren't you. Well don't get too big for your winkle pickers you still have the last lesson to finish.
- Review strumming patterns and how to arrange a song
- Play-a-long: Horse With No Name
Bonuses - some might be practical like tuning your ukulele, others might be fun.
- How to tune your ukulele (Video)
- Hulalele showreel (Video)
- Downloadable lesson worksheets PDFs